Hail damage claims to homes, apartment complexes, and other buildings often spike this time of year in Minnesota. For HOAs, quickly addressing the damages from hail is crucial to restoring your property and maintaining the quality of life your community deserves.
Start the recovery process the right way with these tips from Gassen’s property management team and regain the beauty and value of your property after a storm!
1. Hire a Professional to Assess the Damage
Gassen can work with you to find a reputable vendor who will assess hail damage and find the right solution for fixing your property. By hiring a professional, you can rest assured the inspection will be accurate, and this saves you time when filing a claim with your insurance company.
2. Inspect the Entire Property
The roof is usually the first thing that comes to mind when considering hail damage. But damage often extends to other parts of your HOA property, too.
Check for broken windows or skylights, dented siding, chipped paint, and other busted building exteriors. Take pictures of any damage you notice to verify the repairs you’ll need with your insurance company.
For repairs that need immediate work, Gassen offers quick assistance. Call our emergency line at 952.922.5575 or submit a work order anytime.
3. Work With Your Insurance Company
The most important thing to remember after a hailstorm is to not give your insurance company an excuse to deny a claim. Make sure your HOA follows the correct procedure for filing a claim with these tips:
● Don't Procrastinate. After a storm, submitting a claim should be your top priority. The sooner you submit a claim, the faster an adjuster can help assess damages and you can start on repairs.
● Take Notes. Keep a reference of who you talked with from your insurance company and record any instructions they give you.
● Make an Inventory. If you don’t already have a list of what is in and on your property, make one now. If any items in your property are damaged due to hail or storms, your insurance company will want to know.
● Review Your Insurance Policy. As you wait for the claim process, your property manager can help you review your insurance coverage for your property or amenity. Make sure you understand what will and won't be covered by your policy.
Gassen Offers Property Management Services in Minneapolis
Even after a storm, you don’t have to worry about your property. Gassen is here to help! Our local property management team has the tools and resources you need to protect your HOA property anytime, rain or shine.
To schedule an initial consultation, call us at 952-922-5575, or you can message us on our contact page.